As a leading Islamic Authority, Shaykh ul Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri possesses the authority to provide permissions and licence to transmit (ijazah) narrations to other admirable Islamic Scholars. Scholars from all around the world seek these blessed permissions and have travelled the world to obtain them from Shaykh ul Islam.
The following is a selective list of some leading Islamic scholars who have received authority to transmit from Shaykh ul Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri:
- Damascus, Syria: ash-Shaykh As‘ad Muhammad as-Sa‘id as-Sagharji (a great scholar of hadith sciences and fiqh and the author of the famous work al-Fiqh al-Hanafi wa Adillatuh. He is the grand Imam of the renowned Jami‘ al-Masjid al-Umawiyy — the Umayyad Mosque of Damascus).
- Kuwait: ash-Shaykh al-Sayyid Yusuf as-Sayyid Hashim ar-Rifa‘i (world’s renowned scholar and ash-Shaykh of tariqa)
- Halab, Syria: ash-Shaykh as-Sayyid Dr Abu’l-Huda al-Husayni al-Halabi
- Damascus, Syria: ash-Shaykh Abu’l-Khayr ash-Shukri (khatib of Umayyad Mosque of Damascus and head of the famous institute of advanced hadith studies opened by al-Muhaddith al-Akbar Imam Badra’d-Din al-Hasani, called Jami‘ al-Muhaddith al-Akbar)
- Damascus, Syria: ash-Shaykh Muhammad Nadim an-Nadman
- Damascus, Syria: ash-Shaykh ‘Abdu’llah ‘Abd al-‘Aziz ‘Azw
- Damascus, Syria: ash-Shaykh Husayn Muhammad Ibrahim
- Damascus, Syria: ash-Shaykh Ahmad Qarw
- Damascus, Syria: ash-Shaykh Mahmud ‘Abd ar-Rahman Daqqaq
- Syria: ash-Shaykh as-Sayyid Ghiyath ibn Muhammad ‘Uthman ad-Dusuqi al-Husayni al-Qadri ar-Rifa‘i ash-Shami
- Baghdad, Iraq: ash-Shaykh Dr ‘Abd ar-Razzaq as-Sa‘di (Grand Mufti of Iraq prior to March 2003)
- Baghdad, Iraq: ash-Shaykh ‘Abd al-Wahhab al-Mashhadani (a famous scholar of Islamic jurisprudence and a renowned author)
- Cairo, Egypt: ash-Shaykh Hamadun Ahmad ibn ‘Abd ar-Rahim al-Azhari
- Cairo, Egypt: ash-Shaykh ‘Abd al-Muqtadir ibn Muhammad al-‘Alawan al-Azhari
- Cairo, Egypt: ash-Shaykh Yusuf Yunus Ahmad ‘Abd ar-Rahim al-Azhari
- Cairo, Egypt: as-Sayyid Hamid Mahmud Ahmad Mahmud al-Azhari
- Cairo, Egypt: ash-Shaykh as-Sayyid Ahmad ‘Abdu’llah Muhammad ‘Abd al-Jayyid al-Azhari
- Cairo, Egypt: ash-Shaykh as-Sayyid ‘Abd al-Wahid Yusuf Muhammad al-Azhari
- Beirut, Lebanon: ash-Shaykh Dr as-Sayyid Wasim al-Habbal
- Tarim, Yemen: ash-Shaykh as-Sayyid al-Habib ‘Umar Salim ibn al-Hafiz (Hadhramaut). He is one of the most popular Arab scholars, preachers and spiritual teachers. He is the founding principal of Dar al-Mustafa al-Karim (Yemen). Shaykh-ul-Islam exchanged the asanid and ijazat with him.
- Tarim, Yemen: ash-Shaykh as-Sayyid al-Habib ‘Ali al-Jifri. He is one of the most popular Ahl as-Sunna scholars of the Arab world. He has studied from great scholars in the Arab world and was one of the closest students of the late as-Sayyid Muhammad ibn ‘Alawi al-Maliki al-Makki. He is a famous sufi teacher of the Ba ‘Alawi Tariqa of sufism, which is widely followed in Hadhramaut, Yemen and Hijaz (Saudi Arabia).
- Tarim, Yemen: ash-Shaykh al-Habib ‘Ali Mashhur ibn Salim ibn al-Hafiz. He is the Imam of the Tarim Mosque, a Grand Mufti and head of the Fatwa Council in Tarim, Yemen.
- Tarim, Yemen: ash-Shaykh Sayf ‘Ali al-‘Asri
- Sana‘a, Yemen: Shaykh Jabrayn ibn Ibrahim as-San‘ani
- Mauritania: ash-Shaykh Muhammad al-Amin ash-Shanqiti
- Hyderabad, India: ash-Shaykh Muhammad Amin ash-Sharif (Shaykh al-Hadith of Jami‘a an-Nizamiyya, Hyderabad Deccan, India)
- Dhaka, Bangladesh: ash-Shaykh al-Hadith Mawlana Habib ar-Rahman Silhati
Bangladesh: Mawlana Ruh al-Amin, executive editor of the second largest newspaper of Bangladesh The Inqilab and he is the president of Minhaj-ul-Quran International, Bangladesh.
- East Africa/UK: Dr ‘Irfan Ahmad al-‘Alawi. He is a university lecturer, Bar at Law, CPhil PhD, Lecturer in Islamic Theology and tasawwuf (Islamic spirituality). He is a student of ash-Shaykh as-Sayyid Muhammad ibn ‘Alawi al-Maliki (Makka). He is the executive director of Islamic Heritage and also a writer for many Islamic journals across the world. He has translated many works into Arabic, English and Swahili.
- UK: ash-Shaykh Babikr Ahmad Babikr. He has been actively involved in ad-da‘wa in the UK since the 1970s. He studied the Islamic sciences in Sudan under ash-Shaykh Fatih Qaribu’llah.
- Canada: ash-Shaykh Faysal ‘Abd ar-Razzaq (al-Imam and president of the Islamic Forum of Canada). From 1977-1986 he studied in Saudi Arabia, first at Umm al-Qura University in Makka, then at King ‘Abd al-‘Aziz University in Jeddah. He also studied at York University, Toronto, Canada. He has spoken on a wide range of Islamic topics in many countries including Canada, USA, UK, Germany, Pakistan, India, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Turkey, Syria, Guyana, Barbados and Trinidad. He has to his credit more than one hundred titles recorded on audio and video. ash-Shaykh Faysal is also a prolific writer of Islamic books.
And thousands from many countries, including Pakistan, Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, Yemen, Baghdad, Sudan, Jordan, UAE, East Africa, India, Bangladesh and other countries.